Online Car Raffes

Options
Wow who else has seen a massive jump in the number of these on Facebook, as I have entered Rev Comps in the past and even he made a statement this week about how they should be regulated.

Which ones do people trust, as my cousin won a prize from Agrigiveaways, and never got a prize despite sending numerous messages and emails and was eventually blocked by the owner.

The odds across al of them seem to be getting higher and higher, anyone know the one with the best odds?

Thanks

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 March at 6:13PM
    Options
    These sites aren't usually classed as money saving unless they have free ones BUT there are a few we enjoy in our house and some often have freebies available.

Paid sites giveaway wise that our household have won from, whether was free or not / not car based though:
    Gigahertz Giveaways [Freebies on their discord channel regularly]
    CompCity [Usually a freebie on their site and discord]
    Trade Tool Giveaways [Usually a freebie on their website at least once a day]
    Easy Living Competitions [often have freebies available to enter, have had various friends win]

Other popular paid sites that include cars:
    Dream Car giveaways are suppose to be a good one [often freebies on their app but we've never won personally]
    7days Performance [usually a freebie on their app and my brother's car was bought by them and raffled off, so they are a fab genuine company]
    Paragon Competitions [recommended by another competition site who had a relative win]

Also if your brother still didn't get his prize, contact the ASA. https://www.asa.org.uk/ 
    You can also check genuine businesses on the HMRC website. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/ 

Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • towser44
    towser44 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Apex66, Aspire, Rev Comps, 7Days, Dreamcar Giveaways and of course BOTB are the ones I usually use and seem most trustworthy from the thread I follow on Pistonheads
    :easter:
  • Dirtirder1978
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, and we tried the gambling commission too but weren't interested so its only trusted sites now
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, and we tried the gambling commission too but weren't interested so its only trusted sites now
    A licence number should exist if the site is regulated - if it's one of the many sites that use the "free" entry route to avoid many of the rules then the GC will have very little interest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback