SafetyNet

Options
Hi, I received the below email in relation to my account which I have a balance of £31. 

Should i just pay the £31 off fully before the 9th April so its fully settled rather than Partially settled, what's peoples thoughts please?

---------------------

Important Information from Tappily/SafetyNet Credit

Dear Customer

As you may be aware, on 9th January 2023 Joe O’Connor, Clare Kennedy and Simon Appell of AlixPartners were appointed Joint Administrators of the Company.

The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators who act as agents of the Company and without personal liability.

The Joint Administrators are authorised to act as insolvency practitioners by the Insolvency Practitioners Association.

We are writing to let you know that collections for outstanding SafetyNet and Tappily loans will cease after 9th April 2024. No scheduled payments will be attempted and any Standing Orders will bounce and should be cancelled. If you still have an outstanding balance at this point, this will be marked as partially settled on your credit file to reflect that you did not fully repay your loan..

Comments

• ayupmeduck
    ayupmeduck Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I got that email and I'll have £1200 wiped. Can you pay the £31? when will it drop off your credit file?
    Debt £7976 | Savings £350Aims: Buy first home 2026-8. £20k deposit
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 March at 11:38AM
    Options
    It will depend on whether it makes a whole lot of difference to you either way.

I assume the account did not default, so pay the money if its what you want to do.

Administrators don`t always update credit files like they promise, for example Bright house just abruptly stopped reporting in December 2019, they may or may not keep their word.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,510 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Unless you're going to be looking for the ultimate mortgage deal over the next six years, it won-t make much difference.

If you are, or could be, then caution suggests you pay it, but logic asks why you were involved with them at all?
  • happy2017
    happy2017 Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got that email and I'll have £1200 wiped. Can you pay the £31? when will it drop off your credit file?
    That’s good news on the £1,200.
    its not defaulted so 6 years
  • ayupmeduck
    ayupmeduck Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    happy2017 said:
    That’s good news on the £1,200.
    its not defaulted so 6 years
    Ah mines defaulted but it took them 2.5 years to do so lol So it will show as a partially settled default for longer. 
    Debt £7976 | Savings £350Aims: Buy first home 2026-8. £20k deposit
  • CharlieB0538
    Options
    So, just so I can get this right in my head. The money I have left outstanding with Tappily/Safetynet is going to be wiped out and I will just have a partially settled debt on my file? Sorry if it seems easy to answer
  • happy2017
    happy2017 Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So, just so I can get this right in my head. The money I have left outstanding with Tappily/Safetynet is going to be wiped out and I will just have a partially settled debt on my file? Sorry if it seems easy to answer
    Yes.  I only had about £40 left so just paid it today
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure