New food processor

Options
I need a new food processor, my Kenwood finally gave up the ghost.

Don't want to spend £100s but need one with lots of different functions including making dough, chopping veg, making smoothies & soups.

I'm open about brands & budget is around £100-£150.

Comments

• Donegal_Paul
    Donegal_Paul Posts: 243 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ninja one is £150 at the moment, another 10% if you have a bluelightcard. I've just bought one and it's great.
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Your description sounds more like a Kenwood mixer than a food processor.
    I found the Kenwood food processor I bought was less useful than the mixer I have.
    It does things but not as well and needs more washing up time than doing it in a bowl by hand or with my mixer/blender.

If you are going for a food processor then read what people say carefully. A cake for instance needs more hand beating to get the air in if you are concerned with making the best cake. The dough needs more kneeding by hand also.
    They really are something and nothing but useful if you are doing large quantities.

I use my bread maker for all sorts of dough and my mixer for cake. The food processor sits in the cupboard looking pretty.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• Suzey
    Suzey Posts: 2,714 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In case anyone else thought they knew the terminology and now realise they don't...

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/food-processors/article/food-processor-mixer-or-blender-awWLK2z1jheN

Sounds like the OP might need one or more machines to cover mixing, processing and blending.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • smudge56
    smudge56 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 March at 7:30PM
    Options
    I don’t know how expensive they are now but I have a magimix which I bought over 40 years ago and is still going strong.  I can still get parts for it. Eg bowl etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback