Car Finance

Options
kanne1
kanne1 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
Looking for advice, I have completed the car finance reclaim tool for a number of my previous car agreements and my current one. I have just been declined for a PCP on a different car by three companies including the company I have my current PCP with. I know on the website it says we won’t be blacklisted for submitting a claim however, I’m struggling to understand why I have been refused. The payments are lower than my current PCP and I’ve never missed a payment for anything! 

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They don't think you can afford it based on your income, existing debt and credit record

Why not pay off the PCP and keep the car as is the MSE way?
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    kanne1 said:
    Looking for advice, I have completed the car finance reclaim tool for a number of my previous car agreements and my current one. I have just been declined for a PCP on a different car by three companies including the company I have my current PCP with. I know on the website it says we won’t be blacklisted for submitting a claim however, I’m struggling to understand why I have been refused. The payments are lower than my current PCP and I’ve never missed a payment for anything! 
    The lenders may be assessing the new PCP as an addition to any existing debt, including the current PCP.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    kanne1 said:
    Which website said about not blacklisting? 
  • Nasqueron
    edited 15 March at 5:43PM
    Options
    kanne1 said:
    I'd assume MSE are taking the line that a lender cannot directly punish you for putting in a complaint though nothing to stop them keeping an internal list of people they don't want to deal with of course!
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    kanne1 said:
      nothing to stop them keeping an internal list of people they don't want to deal with of course!
    This is true.  Any company is at liberty to choose not to do business with anybody, just as long as they're not discriminating based on a "protected characteristic" (age, gender, race, sexuality, etc).
    Must admit, it seems odd that the OP is wanting to take out yet another PCP arrangement when they've been unhappy with and complained about all/most of their previous ones :)

• Nasqueron
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    kanne1 said:
      nothing to stop them keeping an internal list of people they don't want to deal with of course!
    This is true.  Any company is at liberty to choose not to do business with anybody, just as long as they're not discriminating based on a "protected characteristic" (age, gender, race, sexuality, etc).
    Must admit, it seems odd that the OP is wanting to take out yet another PCP arrangement when they've been unhappy with and complained about all/most of their previous ones :)

Indeed, I think AmEx are (in)famous for doing this - holding records of defaulters for long after the 6 year records expired
  • kanne1
    kanne1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I’ve not said I was unhappy with any of my previous agreements or my current one. I used the tool to see if I paid more than I should have, exactly the same as thousands of other people. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback