Do i need a sickness note?

Options
I have been off from Tuesday with sickness and flu. I'm still not better and thinking to stay off until Monday which will make it 7 days. But Tuesday will then be my scheduled day off, will I need a note from doctor still?

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    phone/email your employers on Tuesday to say you are better and will return to work on Wednesday.

or do that on Monday if you are sure of being OK for working on Wednesday.

Is Tuesday always your day off?

You can self-certify for 7 days.  You only need a doctor's note if you are off for more than 7 days.

• annonumus
    annonumus Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    phone/email your employers on Tuesday to say you are better and will return to work on Wednesday.

or do that on Monday if you are sure of being OK for working on Wednesday.

Is Tuesday always your day off?

You can self-certify for 7 days.  You only need a doctor's note if you are off for more than 7 days.

Thank you, 
    No I have different days each week. I'll ring Monday and say ill be back Wednesday and hope they don't count Tuesday as my sick day aswell 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    We are still 4 days away from Monday so assuming you will still be too ill to return by then is pretty much guesswork, unless this is a medical problem you have had in the past.  If well enough to return, I would go in on Monday and avoid any potential problem with the sick note (Fit Note)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback