Default notice and affordability

Options
So I had a loan with lendable for £5000 and made 3 payments before I could no longer afford it. It has since been sent to Lowell and each company have issued different defaults on my credit file.

Lowell say I need to send them evidence that their date is wrong as they don't think it is. 

I had done a SAR request to Lendable which produced my application, their checks, correspondence, and multiple 'NOTICE OF SUMS IN ARREARS' letters. I don't see any actual default notice or an actual default date anywhere. 

Lowell have just sent me what they have on me, 177 pages! 90% is just computer print outs with a CCA for another account & letters for this same account. 

I also did an affordability complaint which came back as part in my favour part in theirs (I'd had the money so such pay it back etc). Meaning they have to remove any interest added and any payments already paid. 

What is my next step? The Ombudsman say that Lendable should be informing Lowell but Lendable are not responding to anyone. 

Does the fact that Lowell don't appear to have the CCA help at all?
Debt £7976 | Savings £350Aims: Buy first home 2026-8. £20k deposit

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Does the fact that Lowell don't appear to have the CCA help at all?
    Debt is unenforceable without it!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Do a formal request under s77-79 of the CCA, and the debt is unenforceable until they comply.

I would say that helps.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you check the pinned posts at the top of the board I think you will find a template letter to deal with this. Do be sure to insert all the information relevant to your own matter where shown! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills