15 hours free childcare

Options
Medihv
Medihv Posts: 49 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hello and thank you in advance for any help you are able to give.

Our son is about to turn 3 and we are excited to get 15 hours free child care. We have been given a form by the nursery and they are after a code. When registering with the Gov.uk website they are asking to provide NI numbers and confirm income. I am just after the 15 free hours. Took this information back to the nursery who have stated they must have the code.

Double checked the website, the code is for working families. Again, just rang the nursery who confirmed that i must have a code or the 15 hours of free child care.

Any one able to advise here? For info If needed my wife has a little part time job and does not meet the earning requirements.
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There aren't any earning requirements for this. It's the 15 hours the term after child is 3 years old that everyone gets. It's not means tested. My 2 got it (it was then 12.5 hours though) and they are in their 20s now. I wasn't working. I don't recall having to provide NI number but then again it's a long time ago. What's the issue with providing one? Or are you worried by doing so they're not looking at what you mean and think you're referring to something else?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://educationhub.blog.gov.uk/2024/01/02/how-to-apply-for-30-hours-free-childcare-and-find-out-if-youre-eligible/

If your child is age three or four and you want to access 15 hours of free childcare, you don’t need to make an application as your childcare provider will do this for you automatically.

You’ll just need to show them a copy of your child’s birth certificate, and you’ll also have to sign a declaration form. Talk to your childcare provider directly to find out more.

• RichFog
    RichFog Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We asked the same and were told the ‘15 hours’ is sorted by the nursery, you’ll only need a code if you want to claim the additional 15hours (making it 30hours).
  • Cavouranth
    Options
    Do you work? You said, "should my wife get a part time job". If you are working and earning less than £100k per year then no. You're a working family and should be eligible. I got my code through the Government Gateway Website Childcare Account. I'm not allowed to post links yet but happy to try and help.

I also use that to claim tax free childcare which is a further £2000 towards childcare if utilised fully. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback