Remortgaging for house repairs

Options
Hi, I took out a 2yr fixed rate mortgage last September. I need to have some roof and rendering repairs done on the house which the insurance deem as wear and tear and will not cover.

Is it possible to look at remortgaging part way through my current one to release some equity to pay for the required repairs?

Thanks

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A further advance from your existing lender would make more sense. A remortgage (a new mortgage with a new lender to replace the current one) would probably result in early repayment charges
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Jaguar98
    Jaguar98 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Consider exploring a further advance from your current lender to fund the necessary repairs, as remortgaging might incur early repayment charges.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback