Section 77 Discrepancy

Options
Hi,

We have made a section 77 request for an old debt my wife is being chased for via a debt collection agency. 

They have sent a copy of the original signed agreement where you can see some of the terms on there but not all of them as it is just 1 page of the agreement and very small, so we requested the full terms, which they have sent reconstituted which I believe is fine, but the issue is, I can see from the original signed agreement that the rates are different to the rates in the reconstituted version. 

Has anybody come across this? These clearly aren't the terms that were signed. My concern is that if I highlight this to them, they will just send the terms again and fix the rates to match those of the signed agreement.

Many thanks,
Danny

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,893 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you can read them on the original then you have no case for complaint unfortunately.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sly72
    Sly72 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you can read them on the original then you have no case for complaint unfortunately.
    so if they only provide a reconstituted copy but not sure if rates apply to when you took out the product at the time where do you stand?
    I have Dyslexia which is a learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling so some post may not make sense.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback