Mortgage Deed advice

Options
I am so sorry if this seems a really daft question but want to try and get everything right first time! When posting the mortgage deed back to the solicitor, can the form be folded in an A5 envelope or does the form need to be kept unfolded and returned in an A4 envelope? I know this sounds stupid but this is the first time I have gone through the remortgaging process and don't want to make any mistakes!

Thanks so much :)

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 430 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why would you even question whether the paper can be folded?  Does it say "do not fold"?  Why would anyone care if there's a fold in the paper?
  • steph606
    steph606 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mark_d said:
    Why would you even question whether the paper can be folded?  Does it say "do not fold"?  Why would anyone care if there's a fold in the paper?
    I asked because I want to make sure everything is done correctly - I did apologise if it was a daft question but I didn't know the answer hence came on here where there is advice from those who have been through the process before. 
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 March at 6:59PM
    Options
    I can see no reason why there would be a problem with folding it if need be. However, take care that it's not too thick once folded. This may compromise the glue on the envelope, and/or make the envelope into a large letter owing to thickness.

If you have an A4 envelope, I'd probably use that out of preference.

But if you want to be sure, just check with your solicitor.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback