Tesco lack of complaints process

Options
I have just tried to complain to Tesco and it appears they have no formal complaint process. Is it legal for a major corporation to not record and report on complaints?
On the subject of Tesco and Martins campaign about excuses for delays in replies from customer services, Tesco FB page and messaging service still refer to delays due to Coronaviris

Comments

• mr_stripey
    mr_stripey Posts: 665 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    what part of tesco? Groceries? Bank? Mobile phones?
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    what part of tesco? Groceries? Bank? Mobile phones?
    As @mr_stripey says, it's important to know which division of Tesco you are referring to.

For example, I know for a fact that Tesco Bank has a complaints process as I used it quite recently (a customer service advisor gave me objectively wrong advice and caused me to make a decision I wouldn't have otherwise). 

E.g.
    https://www.tescobank.com/help/complaints/
    https://www.tescomobile.com/help/other/making-a-complaint
    etc
    Know what you don't
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    thepercys said:
    I have just tried to complain to Tesco and it appears they have no formal complaint process. Is it legal for a major corporation to not record and report on complaints?
    On the subject of Tesco and Martins campaign about excuses for delays in replies from customer services, Tesco FB page and messaging service still refer to delays due to Coronaviris
    Only certain regulated industries have a legal requirement to have a complaints process... general businesses are free to decide if they want a complaints process or not, if they want to publicise it or not etc. 

So if it's their retail business, perfectly fine for them not to have a process. If it's their bank or insurance then they need and do have a process. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback