Still chasing me?

Options
BlueJ94
BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
edited 7 March at 9:37AM in Debt-free wannabe
Evening all, 

Two years ago i got into debt with 118 118 money, i owed them £1790. They then sent my account to IMS debt recovery, i asked this company would tbey accepy a F&F they agreed to 50% stating that "Jefferson Capital would accept 50% (£895) i paid this.

Last month i received an email from Resolvecall stating i owed £895 to Jefferson, ive spoken to Resolve and told them i agreed a F&F with the previous company who stated Jefferson would accept.

My thinking was if you pay a F&F that the debt would be part settlement and marked on your credif score. Where do i go from here because if my thinking is correct then i have no need to pay them?

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport