Child benefit never paid to me

Options
How do I make a claim for child benefit that was never paid to me? CBA refused my claims for Child benefit for all 3 of my children using the excuse that because their father was a US Airman and he got duty free petrol, cigarettes and alcohol, I wasn't entitled to it. I'm English with hundreds of years of generations born here, and my 3 children were all born here, but I was refused child benefit each time I applied for it. Roll on 30 years and this is now going to affect my state pension because as they wouldn't pay me Child benefit, I also didn't get HRP when I stayed home to raise them. I wrote a letter to Child Benefit Agency about 18 months ago and they admitted that they were in the wrong and I should have been paid, but now state its too far back for them to reimburse me or correct my NI contributions. If people are being paid back thousands for not being credited HRP historically,  why can't I do the same for Child Benefit? I'm not sure where to go for help at this point as I keep hitting a brick wall with CBA although they've admitted it was their mistake. Can anyone suggest what I should do please? 
 Thanks for any advice 

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If people are being paid back thousands for not being credited HRP historically,  why can't I do the same for Child Benefit? I'm not sure where to go for help at this point as I keep hitting a brick wall with CBA 

HRP was awarded fro the years before NI credits were given to thoise receiveing child bebenfit

So, you needed to be recieving child benefit to receive it.

Those getting creditted with HRP are those who got it because they were receiveing child benefit but, due to error, theri stste pension record  was nor updated  to show it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/60658687d3bf7f0c886267e2/CH24A_English.pdf

What to do if you think your Child Benefit or Guardian’s Allowance decision is wrong This factsheet tells you what to do if you think a Child Benefit or Guardian’s Allowance decision is wrong.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback