Bankruptcy approved - what next

Options
I applied for my bankruptcy Thursday evening and got approved today.

It happened much quicker than I thought it would and havnt had to provide any pay slips or bank statements etc

Will I still need to provide these and will I still have an interview with the OR?

There's no mention of an IPA, I don't think I would  by my income and expenditure but you never know.

I have no assets, rent a house and is just myself and my daughter so im guessing in terms of that it's quite simple however I was expecting to have to provide documents, speak to someone etc.

Anyway else been in the same situation and can advise?

Thank you

Comments

• Shadow2512
    Shadow2512 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just had another read through my letter and posts on here and I'm assuming all of the above I questioned will happen soon starting with a call from the OR
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 March at 5:42PM
    Options
    Yes, you no longer have an interview as such, its now a phone call from the OR or their office.

They will go through your circumstances with you, it`s more of a box ticking exercise than anything else, nothing to be worried about (they have heard every story under the sun remember) just give honest answers.

They will advise if they need anything more from you, and they have up until before discharge to ask you to contribute to an IPA.

If you want to ask them about that, then do so, or anything else you want clarified.

The process has been streamlined in recent years, so that most simple bankruptcies have few issues, if there is no property or other assets involved, and no fraud of any kind, you will sail through it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Shadow2512
    Options
    Thank you for your reply its really helpful.

I have been informed that after looking through my information they don't need to interview me further not sure if that means no phone call either and have asked me send back 3 standard forms which I've done.

Will wait and see what after this but so far I'm pleasantly surprised with the process
  • Hopetobefree
    Options
    I went through exactly the same one month ago.
    I got an email saying no interview was needed then a few days later another from an IPA assessor asking for a few details about my income and expenditure, they wanted proof of how much i pay towards my son through the CMS. Later that day I was informed there is no need to commence an IPA due to not having enough surplus. 
    So, fingers crossed, you will get the same sort of outcome. 
    Kind regards, Ed.
  • Shadow2512
    Options
    I got an email saying no interview was needed then a few days later another from an IPA assessor asking for a few details about my income and expenditure, they wanted proof of how much i pay towards my son through the CMS. Later that day I was informed there is no need to commence an IPA due to not having enough surplus. 
    Kind regards, Ed.
    Thank you this is basically what happened to me. IPA assessor queried a few of my expenses as I'm pregnant but they didn't know that from the form and confitmed that there's no IPA.

Is this the end of the actual application process? Not too sure if I will be asked to provide anything else now. 

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Kind regards, Ed.
    Thank you this is basically what happened to me. IPA assessor queried a few of my expenses as I'm pregnant but they didn't know that from the form and confitmed that there's no IPA.

Is this the end of the actual application process? Not too sure if I will be asked to provide anything else now. 

Yep, nothing more to be said is there, simple, uncomplicated bankruptcies tend to follow a very smooth process these days, in fact I`d say it was easier to go bankrupt than it is to set up debt management for most people, crazy that should be the case, but good for those it effects.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback