1 month notice but only been in the role 3 months?

Options
Does the 1 month still apply? 

My contract simply says a month notice for the band I am (NHS) but wonder if they will want this if they have a member of staff leaving so soon and isn’t invested - training etc 

Not a position I’ve been in before as I normally work 2-5years. Anyone have experience of this and what happened? Thanks 

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So you want to leave sooner?  Ask them.  If they say no then give the 1 month and then say you need to take holidays assuming you have some.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,696 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    RedfordML said:
    Does the 1 month still apply? 

My contract simply says a month notice for the band I am (NHS) but wonder if they will want this if they have a member of staff leaving so soon and isn’t invested - training etc 

Not a position I’ve been in before as I normally work 2-5years. Anyone have experience of this and what happened? Thanks 
    Yes, it applies, but can be varied by mutual consent.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • RedfordML
    RedfordML Posts: 904 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. 

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Brie said:
    So you want to leave sooner?  Ask them.  If they say no then give the 1 month and then say you need to take holidays assuming you have some.  

The employee has no say in whether accrued holiday can be taken or will be paid when they leave.  That is entirely at the discretion of the employer.  In the situation outlined by the OP it's likely that they will be happy to accept a shortened notice period as long as the OP doesn't demand to be paid for the entire 4 week notice period.
  • RedfordML
    RedfordML Posts: 904 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Being a “training” role - wouldn’t be any point in my carrying on with the in job or Uni aspect if I decide to leave, so ideally a shorter notice would work, I suppose it all becomes (awkward) questions if and when I need to have that discussion - thanks 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback