Company withholding pay

Options
I handed in my notice a few weeks back. My employer wasn’t happy about this but there has been a lot of change recently, they haven’t been taking any engineers opinions on board so I’ve found something better suited. 

I planned on working my entire notice and leaving on good terms, though actions from senior management have led me to go off with stress. I don’t get sick pay so it’s not a decision that was taken lightly. 

I get payed every Wednesday, I should have been payed yesterday for 3 shifts and was expecting my final pay next week which will be 2.5 days holiday pay and 5 days statutory sick leave. 

I contacted them today and have been told there is a delay in calculating my wage. Yet the rest of the staff have been payed as normal.

I am expecting a small amount of deductions for a previous training course but I was open about this and had asked if there would be any cost that I would contribute 25% of my final pay and pay the rest over a reasonable amount of time.  Though this may not even be the case as the course was 18 months ago, I was required to complete the course to carry out my duties and the company have profited heavily from it. 

I’m usually quite good with my employee rights but I’ve never experienced this before, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You may need to open a case with ACAS.

When is your final pay due? Next week?

Have you negotiated a leaving date?
  • jjgdoc
    jjgdoc Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Yes my final pay is next week. My leaving date is tomorrow. 

I was thinking of calling ACAS tomorrow.

thank you for the reply! 
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March at 10:10AM
    Options

Why contact ACAS?
    jjgdoc said:
    I get payed every Wednesday, I should have been payed yesterday for 3 shifts and was expecting my final pay next week which will be 2.5 days holiday pay and 5 days statutory sick leave. 

I contacted them today and have been told there is a delay in calculating my wage. Yet the rest of the staff have been payed as normal.

I am expecting a small amount of deductions for a previous training course
    It is understandable why the OP's wage is harder to calculate, given that it's a blend of shifts, SSP and holiday accrual less the clawing back of training costs. I'm not saying it is acceptable to pay nothing, but I wouldn't assume bad intent behind "the rest of the staff have been paid as normal" as presumably the rest of the staff aren't leaving.

If the OP's final pay is next week then personally I'd wait to see what is received and then kick up a big ol' stink with ACAS if there are any issues.

I wouldn't muddy the water yet as there's obviously already bad blood, the OP took a week off for stress.
    Know what you don't
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure