TPDO for CCJ - please advise me

Options
Newbie so please bare with me as I try to keep it concise and clear.

CCJ (>10k) issued against debtor at old address. They did an AoS form that address (parents still live there) but failed to send defence so judgement issued. I have since found new address and found debtor is a joint owner of a mortgaged property. 

I feel like a charging order will be the best way forward to secure this debt as they have failed to make any payments. If anyone thinks any different please let me know. 

I am completing form N349 and I have a few questions:
- it states for me to list any other creditors of the debtor - would the bank they mortgaged from need to be written here; it is on the title deeds as a charge.
- it says I can put in further information with evidence - could I state and evidence their lack of willingness to pay hence my application for a charging order? Evidence is mostly whatsapp messages. 
- once complete do I send to both the local court of where the property is and the debtor or do i have to send a copy to the joint owner too?

In the process would it be worth instructing bailiffs to see if they can collect the max 5k through mcol? or should i just stick to the charging order and hoping it gets accepted?

Thanks for reading 

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport