walking shoes not too stiff

Options
I am very happy with under armour trainers at about £45-50 from sportsdirect as they are wide at the front, flexible sole and low to the ground. However they arent great in the wet. So I was wondering if there are any recommended walking shoes / trainers I should consider ? I have a sportsdirect voucher so would like to stick with this shop.

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've found Hitec Jaguar to have decent toe width.  Also Merrell Moab 2 or Moab 3.  The Moab 2 is currently £50 at Amazon.
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Never had issues with any of my Karrimor shoes/boots.
  • tiger135
    tiger135 Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    just let water in via small puddles or rain on the top of them. i dont want anything too bulky or stiff, just need a bit more rain resistance.
  • tiger135
    tiger135 Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    after today definitely want a little waterproofing!!!
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiger135 said:
    I am very happy with under armour trainers at about £45-50 from sportsdirect as they are wide at the front, flexible sole and low to the ground. However they arent great in the wet. So I was wondering if there are any recommended walking shoes / trainers I should consider ? I have a sportsdirect voucher so would like to stick with this shop.
    Most "trainers" (proper trainers / sports shoes) will have limited waterproofing properties as they typically have generous venting to allow the feet to breath during exercise.

Some "trainers" (sports styled fashion shoes) will fare better from a waterproofing perspective.

The more dedicated walking shoes (Merrell and Karrimor suggested upthread) will generally have a design intended to achieve better waterproofing.  I am not sure how good you can get at the £50 price-point.

Given you have a voucher for Sports Direct, the best thing might be to visit the store and take advice from the Sales Assistant.  Wear the trainers you like, explain the desire for something similar with better waterproofing and see what they suggest.  Try to avoid the busiest periods and aim to find a more experienced Sales Assistant (which I acknowledge can be difficult in large chain stores).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback