Need recommendations for which vacuum cleaner to buy please.

Options
I have a G-tech at the moment which I love and use for my stair carpet and rugs but I want to buy another for my  laminate floors.

My needs are- cordless, lightweight and with a nozzle I can put on the end of the tube so I can get down into the nooks and crannies behind furniture and behind my couch without having to keep pulling furniture out.

There are so many out there so would like recommendations from someone who actually has one if possible please. Thank you

Comments

• Largs
    Largs Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 February at 12:00PM
    Options
    I agree, there are so many.  The vacuum market is saturated (like Air Fryers) with models.  I always chose HOOVER, there is a place on eBay (Direct Vacuums) that do refurbished, they are usually just mail order returns etc that are still brand new.  But a year or so ago Littlewoods had a pricing error and I got a SHARK cleaner for £160 and it is very good. I personally would not buy anything by VAX as I have had 2 carpet shampooers and they were rubbish so that has always tainted my opinion on that brand.  I am sure more people will be along to help!
  • peter021072
    peter021072 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 February at 3:30PM
    Options
    This American Youtube video makes interesting viewing. I'm not sure if some of these go by a different name in the UK. Although it's 3 years old and contains many unfamiliar brands, the general advice is to avoid Dyson & Shark like the plague. The latter is notorious for being difficult to repair. Of the familiar brands to me, Miele and Numatic (Henry) scored highly.  GTech isn't mentioned, is it relatively new?
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This American Youtube video makes interesting viewing. I'm not sure if some of these go by a different name in the UK. Although it's 3 years old and contains many unfamiliar brands, the general advice is to avoid Dyson & Shark like the plague. The latter is notorious for being difficult to repair. Of the familiar brands to me, Miele and Numatic (Henry) scored highly.  GTech isn't mentioned, is it relatively new?
    Absolutely, would never have another Dyson. Had 2 and neither were up to much. G-tech are not new, I have 2, the upright and the handheld and love them both but I want something that reaches uo for any cobwebs and will also do along my skirtings behind furniture with me having to bend down Age is telling!
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have a BuTure one from Amazon and bought one for my Mum too.They cost £100-150 with vouchers and have slim nozzles and upholstery brushes. There are a few differences between models that are quite difficult to see - one has a detachable battery, the other needs to be charged in the docking station. Some have separate small brush heads for stairs etc, some have washable filters v replaceable ones (at extra cost). The battery life is OK for a flat or a few rooms, but you couldn't do a whole house on the high setting - but the low/mid settings are fine for hard floors.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • Largs
    Largs Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What good is an American video of vaccums, 3 years out of date? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback