Novuna Finance Not Accepting Credit Card Payments - Suggestions Please!

Options
Hi all,
I bought a kitchen in June 2023 using Novuna Finance. I've saved half the money to pay it off before the repayment start date of 06th April, and secured a 0% credit card for the balance of £8500.00.
However I've just been told (and it's in the small print!) that they only accept direct debit, debit card or cheque for payments. Any suggestions on how I can navigate this please? 
All help gratefully received! Thanks

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to find a 0% money transfer card.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all,
    I bought a kitchen in June 2023 using Novuna Finance. I've saved half the money to pay it off before the repayment start date of 06th April, and secured a 0% credit card for the balance of £8500.00.
    However I've just been told (and it's in the small print!) that they only accept direct debit, debit card or cheque for payments. Any suggestions on how I can navigate this please? 
    All help gratefully received! Thanks
    You have probably had a near miss... paying finance with credit, when allowed, is normally treated as a "cash like transaction" and not a purchase so not only do you not get your 0% interest rate but you get a fee on the transaction too. 

Money transfer card is your safest bet but limits tend to be lower and naturally you've already got searches from the BT card. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback