🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Shell migration delay

Options

Is anyone else trying to migrate from Shell Energy to Octopus Energy?

I just sent this complaint to them as the takeover was in November and it's now February and I still haven't been migrated across!

I understand that Shell Energy is now owned by Octopus Energy from November 2023. I am one of the many customers that is waiting to migrate over to Octopus. In November 20 I had a heat pump, solar panels and batteries installed and since then I have asked several times when I will be migrated to Octopus so that I will be able to apply for a tariff to both supply low cost energy and also be credited by putting extra energy back into the grid.

Since heat pump etc has been installed my electricity bills have more than doubled in cost to the point that I cannot afford it any more and even though I am disabled and both my wife and I draw state pension I find that I am now going to have to switch the heating system permanently off.

I now firmly believe that despite being continually fobbed off with excuses regarding not being able to be moved along the migration queue then in these fully automated times it is solely in your own interests to deliberately hold me back in the queue so that you can make more profits from people like ourselves. I can no other reason why it is now February 16 2024 and our account has not been transferred to Octopus energy. It is deliberate and if I had been with any other company except Shell the account would have been transferred within a couple of weeks.

At first I believed your excuses but not any more.

You are doing this deliberately.

I intend to send a copy of this to Martin Lewis and This is Money website to see if they are interested in this conveniently for you scam.

Migrate my account or I await to hear more of your excuses.

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 February at 4:48PM
    Options
    Unfortunately somebody has to be last in the queue. How long is a piece of string? 
  • paul991
    paul991 Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    changed my mothers over from shell to octopus the day the takeover was announced went straight through and we both got a £50 referral payment
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 February at 7:53PM
    Options
    In November 20 I had a heat pump, solar panels and batteries installed ...
    You've been trying to join Octopus for three and a bit years? Or is that a typo?
    ... and since then I have asked several times when I will be migrated to Octopus so that I will be able to apply for a tariff to both supply low cost energy and also be credited by putting extra energy back into the grid.
    I would hope that you have applied to Shell for an export tariff, in the interim.
    Since heat pump etc has been installed my electricity bills have more than doubled in cost
    Well, yes, they would. You're now heating your house with electricity, and it's winter. You would expect significnatly higher electricity bills.
    What were you using to heat before this? If it was gas, oil or LPG, has your gas/oil/LPG bill fallen by a similar amount?
    ... to the point that I cannot afford it any more
    I'm slightly confused here. As noted above, it's winter. We're just coming out of the worst part of the year for solar PV generation. Your solar panels will have exported vey little electricity during this time. What were you expecting your bills to be for this period? What did your solar/battery/HP salesman tell you?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure