Experian shows fraudulent loan taken out in my name

Options
MaxJJ
MaxJJ Posts: 1 Newbie
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello, I couldn't find a thread for this, so apologies if it's there. I had 3 attempts to open bank accounts in my name last month which were dealt with through reporting and when I looked at my Experian report today, I saw that there is a loan of over £900 been taker out to 'three' in January. I didn't make this application and have been on the phone to 3 for an hour trying to sort it out. They have no record of it in relation to my name and address, but it's there on the report showing as an outstanding loan with one payment of £40 being made on the day it was taken out. It looks like a new phone contract. I have reported through Experian, action fraud and have spoken to 3. IS there anything else I should be doing? IT's already affected my affordability score and I'm sure it will affect my overall score when the next payment isn't paid! Thanks.

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It may be simply misreported rather than fraudulent if payments are being made. 

Just ensure that it is removed by each o the CRAs where it appears. Don't worry about your scores being low and staying low once the account is removed. No one will ever know but you.  You just need the data corrected.

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear this.

You might want to look at taking out a CIFAS protective registration if this has happened more than once https://www.cifas.org.uk/pr
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback