Morrisons - pending amount on card

Comments

  • When I do an online shop with Morrisons I always have an amount pending in my bank account for over a week.  Does this happen to anyone else?
  • Morrisons say that 5% deposit will be held for substitutions(online groceries), for 3 days. However I've had the that amount hold for a week or over a week at times. Anyone else had that issue?
  • tt2505
    tt2505 Posts: 40
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Senga1967 said:
    Morrisons say that 5% deposit will be held for substitutions(online groceries), for 3 days. However I've had the that amount hold for a week or over a week at times. Anyone else had that issue?
    Yes, happens on my account every time I place an order, sometimes multiple deposits pend & then just disappear days & days after the correct transaction gets charged!
  • tt2505 said:
    Senga1967 said:
    Morrisons say that 5% deposit will be held for substitutions(online groceries), for 3 days. However I've had the that amount hold for a week or over a week at times. Anyone else had that issue?
    Yes, happens on my account every time I place an order, sometimes multiple deposits pend & then just disappear days & days after the correct transaction gets charged!
    I have one at the moment which has been pending since last week, for an amount of £13. Its unacceptable and I don't know how they are getting away with it. 
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,505
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 26 February at 4:58PM
    Senga1967 said:
    tt2505 said:
    Senga1967 said:
    Morrisons say that 5% deposit will be held for substitutions(online groceries), for 3 days. However I've had the that amount hold for a week or over a week at times. Anyone else had that issue?
    Yes, happens on my account every time I place an order, sometimes multiple deposits pend & then just disappear days & days after the correct transaction gets charged!
    I have one at the moment which has been pending since last week, for an amount of £13. Its unacceptable and I don't know how they are getting away with it. 
     I agree its unacceptable. Asda where i shop puts a hold on 1p! Which vanishes within a few days, they refund at the same time for subs 
     maybe email a formal complaint 

  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 3,811
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    This is going to sound snitty but I don't mean it to be. 

    I don't understand why people complain about x y z supermarkets practices but then continue to shop there. It might take a bit of organisation but I'd either pay cash or shop elsewhere. If everyone did that a lot of this nonsense would stop dead in it's tracks. 

    If only people realised the power they have...
    In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn't like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,013
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    This is going to sound snitty but I don't mean it to be. 

    I don't understand why people complain about x y z supermarkets practices but then continue to shop there. It might take a bit of organisation but I'd either pay cash or shop elsewhere. If everyone did that a lot of this nonsense would stop dead in it's tracks. 

    If only people realised the power they have...
    I agree, I stopped shopping online with Morrisons because of their subs / refund policies and moved to Asda which has policies that are better IMO.
    I saw no reason to continue shopping where the reward is aggravation.

    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 3,811
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Exactly Farway, vote with your feet people! 

    I bought petrol this morning but went inside to pay because I don’t agree with the ‘ring fencing £100’ nonsense or whatever they call it when you put your card into the outside pump thing. As far as I could tell, the 7 people there at the time did the same thing. 
    In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn't like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 630
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Agree that people should vote with their feet, but you have to accept that different people will vote in different ways!

    I don't have a problem with retailers ring fencing a sensible amount because it minimises their bad debt, which ultimately we all end up paying for in the form of higher prices.  I'd rather have the convenience of being able to shop online or pay at the pump, given the pending transaction doesn't actually cost me anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards