Morrisons - pending amount on card

Options

Comments

• Senga1967
    Options
    When I do an online shop with Morrisons I always have an amount pending in my bank account for over a week.  Does this happen to anyone else?
  • Senga1967
    Options
    Morrisons say that 5% deposit will be held for substitutions(online groceries), for 3 days. However I've had the that amount hold for a week or over a week at times. Anyone else had that issue?
  • tt2505
    tt2505 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Senga1967 said:
    Morrisons say that 5% deposit will be held for substitutions(online groceries), for 3 days. However I've had the that amount hold for a week or over a week at times. Anyone else had that issue?
    Yes, happens on my account every time I place an order, sometimes multiple deposits pend & then just disappear days & days after the correct transaction gets charged!
  • Senga1967
    Options
    tt2505 said:
    Senga1967 said:
    Yes, happens on my account every time I place an order, sometimes multiple deposits pend & then just disappear days & days after the correct transaction gets charged!
    I have one at the moment which has been pending since last week, for an amount of £13. Its unacceptable and I don't know how they are getting away with it. 
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 26 February at 5:58PM
    Options
    Senga1967 said:
    tt2505 said:
    Senga1967 said:
    I have one at the moment which has been pending since last week, for an amount of £13. Its unacceptable and I don't know how they are getting away with it. 
     I agree its unacceptable. Asda where i shop puts a hold on 1p! Which vanishes within a few days, they refund at the same time for subs 
     maybe email a formal complaint 

• YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This is going to sound snitty but I don't mean it to be. 

I don't understand why people complain about x y z supermarkets practices but then continue to shop there. It might take a bit of organisation but I'd either pay cash or shop elsewhere. If everyone did that a lot of this nonsense would stop dead in it's tracks. 

If only people realised the power they have...
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,232 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    This is going to sound snitty but I don't mean it to be. 

I don't understand why people complain about x y z supermarkets practices but then continue to shop there. It might take a bit of organisation but I'd either pay cash or shop elsewhere. If everyone did that a lot of this nonsense would stop dead in it's tracks. 

If only people realised the power they have...
    I agree, I stopped shopping online with Morrisons because of their subs / refund policies and moved to Asda which has policies that are better IMO.
    I saw no reason to continue shopping where the reward is aggravation.

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Exactly Farway, vote with your feet people! 

I bought petrol this morning but went inside to pay because I don’t agree with the ‘ring fencing £100’ nonsense or whatever they call it when you put your card into the outside pump thing. As far as I could tell, the 7 people there at the time did the same thing. 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Agree that people should vote with their feet, but you have to accept that different people will vote in different ways!

I don't have a problem with retailers ring fencing a sensible amount because it minimises their bad debt, which ultimately we all end up paying for in the form of higher prices.  I'd rather have the convenience of being able to shop online or pay at the pump, given the pending transaction doesn't actually cost me anything.
  • 8jet9
    8jet9 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Happens to me occasionally, always after I’ve done an online order and even when shopping has been delivered and correct money taken a pending payment always shows and stays there for at least 10 days! Not sure why this happens and phoning Morrisons is useless they have no clue either!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback