30th Birthday Present Ideas?

Options
Hi there. A work colleague is turning 30 very soon and our manager is organising a collection for her. There will be 7 people in our department contributing (she may ask some people in other departments as it’s quite a big company). She has also said if we have any ideas for a gift to please let her know. 

Does anyone have any suggestions please, as I am rubbish at this type of thing? 

TIA. 
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98

Comments

• gwynlas
    gwynlas Posts: 1,709 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Unless somebody on the team knowd her really well then it should be flowers and a gift token otherwise a piece of jewellery she can keep if she is into it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    gwynlas said:
    Unless somebody on the team knowd her really well then it should be flowers and a gift token otherwise a piece of jewellery she can keep if she is into it.
    I might have suggested a silk scarf but she may hate scarves.
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd not buy flowers - a complete pain to transport home. I'd rather a bottle of bubbly (cava/prosecco/champagne)

My usual go to otherwise are John Lewis gift vouchers.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,154 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 February at 1:09PM
    Options
    The thing is unless someone knows her likes and dislikes (or asks the birthday girl) then one person's treasure is another one's poison

eg you buy chocolates but she's diabetic. You buy flowers - she has hay fever. You buy alcohol - she's tee-total.

You could get a gift card - but again no point buying for a store she dislikes or is miles away from where she lives eg my nearest JL is now 75 miles away. . We can buy whole shopping mall gift cards where I live if that's an idea. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback