Reclaiming St James Place costs

Options
I’ve had a barrage of ads and calls about reclaiming charges on my St James pension and investments to the tune of £4200……..  is this like the PPI fiasco and is it legit?

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,871 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve had a barrage of ads and calls about reclaiming charges on my St James pension and investments to the tune of £4200……..  is this like the PPI fiasco and is it legit?
    I briefly replied to ask for more details and they chased me with calls at inconvenient times so I got suspicious.  I sent them an email asking for the basis of their claim and they ignored it.  I have eventually had a reply. It seems that they are only interested in clients who invested with St James at least 10 years ago and have not been given a single  annual review appointment of their investments  since then. This doesn't apply to me. I only started with them 3 years ago and have had a review meeting each year. 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Putting aside the risks of accepting cold calls, have SJP delivered what you signed up for, in terms of service, etc?
  • Bright_Star85
    Options
    We have had these calls multiple times as we have been with SJP for many years. 
    We spoke to our adviser and he said that they are ambulance chasers looking to make a quick buck. If a claim is successful they will take over half as commission. We were told if anyone wants to open a claim, claim to SJP as they will pay you and not the ambulance chasers. Lead to believe its 50% ish commission! 

We have been with SJP since the mid 90's and have been seen every at a minimum. No complaints from us! 

As for the comment above, SJP aren't expensive as others! Typical IFA slander.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    dunstonh said:
    You are paying more than double to get advice from a sales rep.   You have been brainwashed.   
    I read the comments here and on the other thread.
    It sounds very much like a cult.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Bright_Star85
    Options
    That particular poster, aka me, has only just joined? 

And I'm commenting on posts that have irritated me. As all this forum does is bash SJP when possible. And as soon as SJP is mentioned the IFA's of the forum jump all over it and it infuriates me as we know at first hand as clients how good they are to us and many of our family and friends and almost 1 million other clients over the years.
    I'm defending SJP because we are clients. 

Absolutely Disgraceful behaviour.

• Bright_Star85
    Options
    My motives are that myself / our family are clients. And we are more than happy with SJP. That's my rights to express here and anywhere else? Just like the IFA's of the forum express their dislike continuously when they have an opportunity it seems.

If SJP were awful and had done wrong to us then I obviously wouldn't be defending them. But they have been faultless and have always been there when we have needed them. 

As for performance, on average our returns have been 7.8% net of costs and charges over the last 10 years. We're happy with that! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback