Declaring previous address on application

Options
housebuyer7
housebuyer7 Posts: 133 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 31 January at 9:30AM in Loans
Hello,

I am going to get a loan from my bank Natwest. In between selling my last home and buying my current home, I rented for a year, which it seems I forgot to tell Natwest about. So when I apply and it asks for my previous address, when I add my rental and then my home before that, it takes me to a page saying they need more information rather than provide a quote. If I just have my current home and then say my previous home before this was my old mortgaged home and omit my rental it says I am approved.

It seems like a bad idea to lie and omit this rental for no apparent reason other than Natwest appear to not have known at the time I was between addresses. Unless I did tell them (can’t remember either way) and including it is causing a problem - I.e making me look like I move too often?

Do I have to go into branch to apply for the loan as it won’t proceed with my application when I include the rental?

Comments

• pushpull
    pushpull Posts: 50 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You may have told someone else who has reported it to the CRAs which would make lying even more of a bad idea that the simple fact that it would potentially be fraud.

I had three previous addresses when I applied for a mortgage with NatWest, including a recent move 3 or so months before starting the process and had no problems with my application, albeit done through a broker.

People move, presumably they will be far less likely to move when they own their own property.  This is much more of an issue for unsecured lending, where the borrower could just disappear.  Not so much of an issue where it is secured lending against a house which is much more difficult to vanish with.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pushpull said:

People move, presumably they will be far less likely to move when they own their own property.  This is much more of an issue for unsecured lending, where the borrower could just disappear.  Not so much of an issue where it is secured lending against a house which is much more difficult to vanish with.
    I take it you have never seen the documentary "Up!" ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback