MSE Poll: How much do you pay for TV or streaming services?

Options
Poll started 30 January 2024

As winter's long, cold nights go on, many of us love nothing more than to cosy up in front of the telly with a decent box set or film. Yet with Prime Video joining Disney+ and Netflix in showing ads from next week (unless you pay extra), the line between TV packages and streaming services is becoming increasingly blurred. So we want to know what TV you pay for.

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't pay a penny not even a TV licence because I don't watch TV

For the news I read it and that way I alone choose what information I receive 

For video I use YouTube on my laptop 
  • Ictmims
    Ictmims Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have unlimited mobile data from Tesco - £17.50 a month. That covers all my calls as well, (till June 2024).
    My entertainment is frequently YouTube videos, and I have been buying DVDs' and Blu-Rays (movies often repeated on the box) from charity shops, 3 for a pound to 10 for a pound. One place sells (or did sell) Boxed Seasons 5 for £1.
    Don't watch any TV, or have a TV licence since 2007, and reckon I have saved over £2,600 in that time.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I gave Sky the heave-ho and got a FreeSat box after my husband passed away. Ok, I had to pay for the box, but it will even out by July this year because I'm not paying Sky any more. I thought long and hard about doing away with the tv, but decided to keep it for long, dark evenings, because I live alone now.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback