Registering Nectar card

Options
JoeWebber
JoeWebber Posts: 20 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 January at 10:15AM in Food shopping & groceries
I am trying to register my Nectar  card but it asks for a mobile number which I don't have. Has anybody found a way round this?

Comments

• Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Nope, you need a mobile number to register but its not used beyond that.
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 January at 8:26AM
    Options
    Curry's do a £7.50 phone and you can get cheap payg sim cards

You'll make that beck on nectar and more if you shop at sainsburys regularly.
  • JoeWebber
    JoeWebber Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HampshireH, thanks for your reply.
    I couldn't find Curry's £7.50 phone (do you have a link?) but I did see a refurbished and unlocked Huawei for £7.99.
    I'm absolutely new to all this. I'm probably only going to be using it once to get my card registered and continue to use my landline to make calls, so all I need is a phone number which I assume the Huawei will come with (is that right?).
    Just in case, can you give me an example of a really cheap payg sim card?
    Many thanks for your suggestion which I hadn't thought of.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JoeWebber said:
    I couldn't find Curry's £7.50 phone (do you have a link?) but I did see a refurbished and unlocked Huawei for £7.99.
    I'm absolutely new to all this. I'm probably only going to be using it once to get my card registered and continue to use my landline to make calls, so all I need is a phone number which I assume the Huawei will come with (is that right?).
    Your rewards and offers come on the app so you will need to use it regularly x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    JoeWebber said:
    You don't need the phone to access "Your Nectar Prices" or the offers for extra Nectar Points*.  You can find them using your computer/laptop.

* The only exception I am aware of is where there is a 2x or 3x points voucher for a qualifying amount spent.
  • Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You have to save the offers for nectar point boosts on your favourite items 
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    JoeWebber said:
    You don't need the phone to access "Your Nectar Prices" or the offers for extra Nectar Points*.  You can find them using your computer/laptop.

* The only exception I am aware of is where there is a 2x or 3x points voucher for a qualifying amount spent.
    Ah thank you. I don’t shop in Sainsburys as it’s too expensive but my friend told me that all her offers are in her phone. 
    Mind you, if the 2x or 3x points are phone only it’s still worth the OP needing one? 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback