Tesco points

Options
We used to get money-off vouchers from Tesco based on how much we'd spent. We haven't received any since last year and I can't find anything on the website that mentions vouchers. It just talks about points. I have no clue how we're supposed to use these. We don't do days out or chain restaurant meals. What are we supposed to do with them? 

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you don't want to convert the vouchers to spend elsewhere, you can just spend them with Tesco, for their face value.

They've stopped sending them out by post.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • double_dutchy
    double_dutchy Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 January at 2:09PM
    Options
    Beenie said:
    We don't do days out or chain restaurant meals.
    There are other options available. I've used vouchers in the past for ferry trips, magazine subscriptions and to buy Denby pottery.

You used to be able to get 4x the value with some "partners", then it was 3x and now 2x.......but still better than face value if you spend them at Tesco
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 January at 3:42PM
    Options
    Beenie said:
    We used to get money-off vouchers from Tesco based on how much we'd spent. We haven't received any since last year and I can't find anything on the website that mentions vouchers. It just talks about points. I have no clue how we're supposed to use these. We don't do days out or chain restaurant meals. What are we supposed to do with them? 
    The website certainly does mention vouchers

At the end of the collection period points, as always, are turned into vouchers which are available, if you don't want to redeem them for partner offers, to print off  or spend with a bar code in the app in store.  As mentioned above they are no longer sent out by post unless you request it.  You also now have the option of turning points into vouchers mid collection period, you don't have to wait.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 January at 4:33PM
    Options
    I had my vouchers sent out in the post in November

I don't have a smart phone or a printer!
    In the past I spent them online by buying ferry crossing so didn't need a paper copy but now with only x 2 rewards I won't have enough for anything much
    (I also had the points that I earned in ROI but that scheme has split away from UK- & had loads more points)

I haven't had coupons for quite a while.......

Once you are in your 'Clubcard account'  when you go to 'statement preferences' on the right hand menu you can request that the vouchers are posted to you
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • elkiedee
    elkiedee Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you registered on the Tesco website/app? I think you can probably access both vouchers earned through Clubcard points and money off "coupons" with your Clubcard, without printing them off or asking for paper vouchers. You can certainly access them via the phone. But I used to give paper coupons to my partner to use, or the card, I'm not sending him out with my phone I still get money off coupons but they are often £8 off a shop of £40 in a particular week, and on general food shopping that's more than we usually spend at a time (no car).

Tesco has also started to offer lots of Clubcard discounts per specific item - these have replaced other special offer promotions. The Clubcard discount will be shown on the shelves when you're looking round.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elkiedee said:
     You can certainly access them via the phone. But I used to give paper coupons to my partner to use, or the card, I'm not sending him out with my phone
    Does your partner have a smart phone? You can have the app on both your phones with the same account. My husband has my account on his phone as well as me having it on mine.

Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• elkiedee
    elkiedee Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slinky said:
    elkiedee said:
     You can certainly access them via the phone. But I used to give paper coupons to my partner to use, or the card, I'm not sending him out with my phone
    Does your partner have a smart phone? You can have the app on both your phones with the same account. My husband has my account on his phone as well as me having it on mine.

Good point, that probably would have been better, but he has a separate Clubcard account from me. He does most of the grocery shopping and I told him to check his accounts for something else before he went out a few days ago. He realised that he'd amassed £54 of Clubcard vouchers, with another £11 or so due. I have £10.50 but with another £1.50 due on my separate account, and some expire in a few weeks (they are valid for 2 years, but at least this way I keep control over them. I had to use some in November. But I think the "Clubcard Prices" are the biggest reason for having one now, as the promotional discounts amount to more than the points.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had my vouchers sent out in the post in November

I don't have a smart phone or a printer!
    In the past I spent them online by buying ferry crossing so didn't need a paper copy but now with only x 2 rewards I won't have enough for anything much
    (I also had the points that I earned in ROI but that scheme has split away from UK- & had loads more points)

I haven't had coupons for quite a while.......

Once you are in your 'Clubcard account'  when you go to 'statement preferences' on the right hand menu you can request that the vouchers are posted to you
    Thankyou Katiehound. I've followed your advice and now will have vouchers sent to me. 

I had £24 sitting there doing nowt as I didn't realise the 'points' had built up (I was expecting paper vouchers to be posted out to me as explained above).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback