Final Redemption - Barclays

Hi all. Has anyone in here been fortunate enough to pay off their mortgage early with Barclays? If so, is it normal that the account details on your final redemption statement are different to your actual mortgage account details (that is sort code and account number). Thanks.

Comments

• Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 29 January at 1:42PM
    In answer to myself... yes completely normal. Barclays have received the funds. I'm the proud owner of a big pile of bricks atop a hill :)
  • bluelad1927
    bluelad1927 Posts: 296
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Kendall80 said:
    In answer to myself... yes completely normal. Barclays have received the funds. I'm the proud owner of a big file of bricks atop a hill :)
    Congratulations!!

Is the big file of bricks lever arch or 4 ring?
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Kendall80 said:
    In answer to myself... yes completely normal. Barclays have received the funds. I'm the proud owner of a big file of bricks atop a hill :)
    Congratulations!!

Is the big file of bricks lever arch or 4 ring?
    Edited thanks and thanks :)

Can add that the mortgage payoff was peculiar. I transferred the balance over in instalments on the same date and the early repayment charge was recalculated on each instalment. This meant I had a few hundred returned to me despite paying the precise required amount. Wish i'd payed it all in 5k instalments now :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback