Octopus Flux - please help with my settings

System
System Posts: 178,074
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Community Admin
edited 22 January at 12:43PM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
This discussion was created from comments split from: My Solar setup, am I using it efficiently ? Luxpower ACS3.6.

Comments

• As a technology dunce could someone  help me with my set up. I  have 12 roof solar panes and lux LXP3600Kw Hybrid with 6.4 Kwh Battery storage. I am using Octopus Flux which allows me to use cheap electricity between 2am and 5am for my car and to fill the battery.  I have noticed that there appears to be spare capacity for a battery top up  between 2 an 5 which I am  currently missing out on. Please treat me gently no tech jargon. What should the settings be on my Lux app.  
  • cm4ever
    cm4ever Posts: 215
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 21 January at 1:02PM
    As a technology dunce could someone  help me with my set up. I  have 12 roof solar panes and lux LXP3600Kw Hybrid with 6.4 Kwh Battery storage. I am using Octopus Flux which allows me to use cheap electricity between 2am and 5am for my car and to fill the battery.  I have noticed that there appears to be spare capacity for a battery top up  between 2 an 5 which I am  currently missing out on. Please treat me gently no tech jargon. What should the settings be on my Lux app.  
    Hi I've asked for this to be split into s new thread, as there's potentially many different possibilities to your situation - the first question I'd ask is for more details about your car ... if it's electric I'm assuming it's a hybrid otherwise with a suitably sized battery storage you'd more likely be better off on an EV tariff with Octopus?

But that all depends on your normal house electricity usage and how your system has been installed with respect to how you charge your car...
  • Officer_Dibble
    Officer_Dibble Posts: 356
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The Lux could to be set to "charge priority" between 0200 and 0500 (though I think this would prioritise the house battery above the car). This looks rather tortuous to do on the inverter itself (from the manual) - do you use the app to control it? That would make life much easier.

It looks like you can also set the inverter to "force time" discharge from the battery when export rates are high (between 1600-1900) but leaving enough in the battery to get you through to 0200 - so just discharge for an hour or so.
    4.7kWp (12 * Hyundai S395VG) facing more or less S + 3.6kW Growatt inverter + 6.5kWh Growatt battery. SE London/Kent. Fitted 03/22 £1,025/kW + battery £2495

• cm4ever
    cm4ever Posts: 215
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Definitely need more details on exactly what you setup is, how it's currently configured and what you want to achieve.

It doesn't have to be technical but specific enough to get an idea of your setup....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback