Annual Leave to be paid when an employee leaves

2»

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 January at 9:56PM
    Savvy_Sue said:
    How about Bank Holidays? The staff are paid for Bank Holidays (they all work Monday - Friday, 9-5). There are 7 (I believe for 2024), but only 1 up to 31 March (leaving date). Would she be entitled to 1 day or 7/12*3?
    Surely there are 3 BHs before 31st March:
    New Year's Day
    Good Friday
    Easter Monday

I don't know if that affects your calculations. 
    This calendar year (2024) there are 2 BHs before 31 March.
    Easter Monday is on 1 April.

(And Scotland would have had 2 January too.)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Savvy_Sue said:
    How about Bank Holidays? The staff are paid for Bank Holidays (they all work Monday - Friday, 9-5). There are 7 (I believe for 2024), but only 1 up to 31 March (leaving date). Would she be entitled to 1 day or 7/12*3?
    Surely there are 3 BHs before 31st March:
    New Year's Day
    Good Friday
    Easter Monday

I don't know if that affects your calculations. 
    This calendar year (2024) there are 2 BHs before 31 March.
    Easter Monday is on 1 April.

(And Scotland would have had 2 January too.)
    Ah yes, I knew Easter was March, hadn't registered that Easter Monday was April (because I count the Sunday as the important day ...)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • EnPointe
    EnPointe Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Hi,
    I will have to check my wifes contract later, but is there a 'standard' that should be paid when someone leaves a company for annual leave and accrued leave.

My wife has decided to leave/not return to her current employment on 31 March 2024.

She has 20 days accrued for 2023 and would be due 20 days for 2024. So I calculate this to be 25 (20 for 2023 and 5 for 2024, being 20/12*3).

Hope you've understood and any answer on what the standard days that should be paid would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

what is the leave year as the 2023   leave year  may  run april or may  2023  to april / may 2024 ?

as for the bankholidays   are thjey taken as they arise  or  are they  used as additional leave hours ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback