We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Email from magicworld.co.uk

2

Comments

  • Yep I've had it as well so definitely not looking legit. Mad at myself as I did send through my details - should have listened to those alarm bells going off
  • I've had this email too
  • Fiona_T
    Fiona_T Posts: 570
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I reckon it’s been sent to everyone that’s entered.
  • bex88
    bex88 Posts: 689
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 22 January 2024 at 1:15AM
    I've had this email too! Just searching about and was was going to post asking the same as you, then saw this thread haha! I did enter the Xmas comp from them as well, but I definitely have not received any prior email to this saying I was a winner. 

    I have messaged them via FB to clarify.
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 11,391
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I too received this email.  The wording is all over the place.  I never received an email prior to this saying I had won, so I think this is just a badly worded email.  I did enter the comp though.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039 Now: £73,772.29 Mar 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £155 (2025 ~ £240)
    Surveys~ £222.82 (2025 ~ £238.94)
    Make £2026 in 2026 #18 ~ £830.53 ~ (2025 ~ £2,368.64)
  • I've had the email too. I did enter as I checked the link posted on the previous page. I have contacted them through their website chat and will update if I get a response.
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 4,414
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
     I deleted it as data harvesting as it didn't say I had won but wanted an address. IMO for them to mail catalogs or other unwanted mail. 

    2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32

  • me too, i had this email - i think there are 15 winners, but they emailed everyone who entered? 
  • KJ1986
    KJ1986 Posts: 4,252
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I replied (maybe stupidly) with my address last night.

    If I receive a reply or anything nice (or junk) through the door, I'll let you all know.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.