Council Tax Banding Scotland

Having seen Martin Lewis' advice on council tax banding, we discovered that we are a council tax band higher (F) compared to all of our neighbours in same sized semi-detached or some living even in fully detached properties. On the appeals page it says, appeals can only be made 6 months after moving in, but we live in the property nearly 18 years now. Is it worth appealing directly via the webpage, or should we go another route. Thank you.


  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You should gather as much evidence as you can which you believe supports your view that your band is wrong and send it to the Assessor and ask  them to review your band.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards