Yippeee! Debt Free in 2024 sort of (Lowell might disagree)

BadDebtor
BadDebtor Posts: 153
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 18 January at 7:46PM in Debt-free wannabe
Here we are, just one more debt to go!

No I am not paying anything, not a penny, never have and it will expire in the next few months, I can't even remember what month but by June at the latest I think.  I was never given the papers so I only have paperwork from when it was first chased.

No DMP, DRO, ABC, CRP or DD, I know the money is sort of owed but I am over 10 years past the last default and just a single CCJ to go as far as I know.

Yes Lowell are still chasing for old debts that expired when their staff were in junior school, but hey ho, they will get nothing either and I just ignore them.

I have had the lot, every debt recovery firm, even High Court Enforcement had a go, they all got Nada, Zilch, nothing.

Just so we are clear, I do not recommend my approach for everyone, but it worked for me and my situation. 

I did manage to reduce my overdraft to zero, a family member lent me the money to pay it off and I paid them with 5% interest which they did not ask for.  Rates were under 1% on their savings and my bank were increasing from 18% to 39% I think, so bank stopped earning interest with that stunt. I still have the overdraft but am thinking about cancelling in case someone somehow tries to go after me via my bank.

I am considering getting on of those "rebuild your credit" cards once the last CCJ goes past the 6 years, any suggestions would be welcome.  I do not want it for debt, but to have for purchases over £100 based on what they say on consumer show.

I am not on voters roll and see no reason to change that.

I did a SAR on one supplier to get the data they got from CRA, they called me delinquent for two months but then it seemed I was OK.  They did not have the CCJ info even, I think it was because I was not known to them.

Thanks to all on here who are supportive especially those sour fat crate belly people who are the cornerstone of this place.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure