Solar + Battery quote

Options
I'm down the path of finding a reliable Solar PV and Battery installer in my area.  I have had a few prices, but there always seems to be a catch somewhere along the line

I have a firm quote of £14,700 from a local installer who actually visited, so it's not likely to go up which is my concern with the online quotes I've had/seen when they actually visit.

13 JKM435N-54HL4R panels (as much as I can get on my roof) 
11.52Kwh Fox EC2900 battery
5Kw Fox inverter
bird proofing.G.99 application, full installation. 

Catch is no Islanding - I really don't understand the point if during a power cut you cannot utilise either solar or your battery store, not that I think this will happen frequently, but with the way supply and demand is going, I want to be future proof for any 'blackouts' that might occur.  My local installer has suggested Solaredge as an alternative, but has yet to give me a price, which I think is going to be horrendous and at least £1500 more.

Berkshire area.  @Screwdriva I see your name popup frequently on the forums with some great quotes,  do you have any local supplier (or is it national) that could offer what I'm looking for.

Comments

• Screwdriva
    Screwdriva Posts: 1,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 January at 4:36PM
    Options
    I’m grateful to be in a position to try to help other forum members. Either of the installers I use will greatly improve on that quote on price and quality. As an example, here’s one I’ve seen from earlier this month:

13 X Sharp 420W panels
    13 X SolarEdge optimizers 
      1 X SolarEdge 5 kW inverter (20 year warranty)
      1 X GivEnergy All in One 13.5 kWh battery

~£13K installed with G99, Bird netting and HIES. 
    I can assure you the £ amount will not change unless more panels are requested, and a survey will be included at no cost. 

That’s a larger, better battery with islanding and arguably better brands of components across the board. Feel free to DM me if I can help! Regardless, best of luck with the PV journey!

-  10 x 400w LG + 6 x 550W SHARP BiFacial Panels + SE 3680 HD Wave Inverter + SE Optimizers. SE London.
    -  Triple aspect. (22% ENE/ 33% SSE/ 45% WSW)
    -  Viessmann 200-W on Advanced Weather Comp. (the most efficient gas boiler sold)

Feel free to DM me if I can help with any energy saving!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback