Letter threatening Legal Action from AJJB Law acting for CRS

Options
Jackdaw56
Jackdaw56 Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello

I am new on here and looking for advice. I have received a letter headed "Important - Potential Legal Action" from a company called AJJB Law. They are acting for Credit Resource Solutions (CRS). Apparently CRS are claiming that I have an arrears account of £582.50. This is the first that I have heard of such an account at all!
I know from other dealings with other things like insurance, speeding fines that a fraudster(s) out there is using my name and address fraudulently. What do you advise I do next with this letter? 

Comments

• Bigfen2024
    Options
    Hi. I have same problem. I got letter today but different amount. Would be nice to have advise. Thanks in advance 
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January at 5:52PM
    Options
    Jackdaw56 said:
    Hello

I am new on here and looking for advice. I have received a letter headed "Important - Potential Legal Action" from a company called AJJB Law. They are acting for Credit Resource Solutions (CRS). Apparently CRS are claiming that I have an arrears account of £582.50. This is the first that I have heard of such an account at all!
    I know from other dealings with other things like insurance, speeding fines that a fraudster(s) out there is using my name and address fraudulently. What do you advise I do next with this letter? 
    Send them a provit letter (search the forum or debt camel) - deny the debt is yours. It could be an old debt - did you have any that you didn't pay but eventually disappeared?; a mistrace - you have the same name as a debtor etc

Check all your credit files (use the free ones like Clear Score) in case they have registered a CCJ for a parking ticket
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback