Headings

I’ve just noticed that when editing a post and I want to change the text I only have the H2 option and not H1. This is the same when using a desktop/laptop and tablet. Does anyone else only have H2 or do you have H1 as well? At the moment if I want to make something H1 I would have to make it H2 then edit it in the HTML editor.

Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH

Discord = DIS

Viral Sweep = VS

Sweep Widget = SW

Comments

• MSE_Stephen
    MSE_Stephen Posts: 378
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Community Admin
    edited 17 January at 12:00PM
    Hi @Comping_Rich

We have recently removed the ability to use Heading 1.

It was already the case that Heading 1 and Heading 2 were visually identical since we changed our theme last year. So it shouldn't make any change to how the page looks.

Why we've changed this
    It's always been the case that websites are supposed to only have one h1 tag per page. Since the forum automatically makes the title of your thread an h1 tag, it's a little bit of an oversight that the forum ever let H1 tags be used in posts.

It's probably the case that when Search Engines find too many H1 tags on a page they just use the first one and ignore the rest (or treat them as H2s). Nevertheless, our SEO people have asked for this change so that our pages are up to the correct standard. This is also highly recommended for Accessibility
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story:
    [email protected]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business