Parcel delivery firms: Which are the best and worst?

Options
Poll started 16 January 2024

With more of us shopping online, parcel delivery firms are playing an increasingly important role in many people's lives – and of course they've been under intense pressure lately, particularly in the run-up to Christmas. So it's time for our 11th annual poll to check how couriers are doing, and to find out which have been really delivering...

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• NIGE9359
    NIGE9359 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The pain with Royal Mail is that they don't give you a small time slot, all I got was "some time between 8:00 am and 7:30 pm. So you can waste a whole day - mine turned up at just before 5:00 pm
  • caztrek
    caztrek Posts: 4 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The delivery person makes a big difference. I have become keen to choose delivery with Evri when available because we have a regular delivery driver, Denise who is excellent. 
    Royal Mail is becoming worse by the week. Deliveries frequently arrive very late, 3 hours or more after the predicted time and the last one eventually turned up late the following day. Buying on eBay is a lottery because we often have no postal delivery despite living in a large village not fa4 from a major city.
    I have begun to use Amazon more because of feee delivery to the village post office which often arrives earlier than indicated at the point of ordering.

• ginger_chocolate
    Options
    My local Evri guy is great - he actually knows me now and he knows where to *hide* my packages if I don't answer the door. I know other people have issues with them though.

I used to rate Royal Mail but in the past couple of years they've been a massive hassle. They actually lost a package that a friend had sent to me - I missed the delivery because I was out, went to the post office to collect it (twice) and they just didn't have it. their response was pretty much a big shrug and an implication that it was my fault. As above, their delivery timeslots are really vague, and often they don't even stick to those. Was told  something would be there by 7.30pm that day - it actually arrived two days later.
  • Peter1292
    Options
    It tells me thanks for voting, but I didn't even get chance to. I only got my newsletter late yesterday :/
  • Stockie
    Stockie Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The firms that sub-contract out (Amazon, Evri, Yodel) it all depends whether there is a regular delivery person and if they are any good. My normal long standing Evri guy is great, but the never ending cycle of new Amazon people aren't.
    My views and opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer(s) or anyone else
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback