E: 20/01 Win a £50 Amazon Voucher (IG/FB)

AC55
AC55 Posts: 3,575
First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 22 January at 12:40PM in Game over

Comments

• blue_echo
    blue_echo Posts: 84
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Ive received an email telling me I have won this competition but put my card details for verification and £1 would be taken I was charges £3 then you tried to take £49.95 which I rejected
    Please Beware Sending you to Robert Plante Greenhouses  Unsure whether the site has been hijacked or something else
    Bissell carpet shampooer,clairol 5 in 1 shampoo:D

:) BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE COMP POSTERS
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,575
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    blue_echo said:
    Hi Ive received an email telling me I have won this competition but put my card details for verification and £1 would be taken I was charges £3 then you tried to take £49.95 which I rejected
    Please Beware Sending you to Robert Plante Greenhouses  Unsure whether the site has been hijacked or something else
    Send a message to Haddon training and ask whether they have announced the winner yet. This sounds like someone impersonating their account if I'm honest.
  • blue_echo
    Forumite
    edited 20 January at 6:12PM
    Have done just feel so stupid tbh hopefully no one does the same as me

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,844
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    blue_echo said:
    @blue_echo so sorry this happened to you. Sadly social media don't seem to do much about these scammers, I try and report them every time but they say 'it doesn't go against terms and conditions'

NEVER put in your card details, they shouldn't need any cash for most genuine competitions.

Sadly social media (Facebook and Instagram particularly) are full of scammers. 
    Some one I know nearly fell for one last week. 
    They prey on people getting excited that they have won, put in their details with excitement and usually realise after it is too late.

Angers me so much that there are so many scammers out there, but some countries 'hire' people and it is there 'job' they see it as a job and not thieving. If some of them put in as much effort in working as they do scamming, they might be better off. But there is also the sad site of scammers, where they are held in a prison type place, they are often people that are scammed into thinking there is a great job opportunity and it turns out to be a prison like place and they have to get people's money as much as they can or they get beaten or people they love get injured or worse. The dark side of scammers 😞 

I hope you are okay. Please notify your bank that you've been a victim of fraud and they can be extra vigilant on your account and hopefully do more.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,844
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 January at 7:32PM
    AC55 said:
    Alternative Facebook Link:
    https://www.facebook.com/HaddonTrainingLtd/posts/pfbid02XsMVpAanK2JaXVE8gKoMfKKGFoawJrux5ML2bZLJQP4Cpwf5FmMJp7QS7ZYiw5Uil

Instagram Link if people are having viewing it, as it has turned into a embedded link.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C2HsOdKI4HM/

***I've just realised it CLOSED this morning at 10am.***

Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • blue_echo
    Forumite
    Thank you
    Just feel such an idiot tbh
    Just like you said I saw the congratulations you've won and all common sense went straight out the window.

Put a block on the ones that took the money. Also set up to get a message from my bank if any new companies/ppl attempt to take money from my account and I have to confirm first before they will release funds.
    Will be much more wary in future
    Once bitten and all that

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills