Amazon delivery incorrect name

Options
Callybee
Callybee Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post First Anniversary
edited 12 January at 10:50AM in Shop but don't drop
Hi has anyone received parcel from amazon thats your address but incorrect name. I did check with neighbours however amazon accounts are set up with customers correct address and personal details. I received parcel and was my address but name Samia Karim. Not my name. Contacted Amazon told to keep goods. No thank you who buys 1  bottle of Pepsi max on amazon. You just pop to shops to get. Amazon could not provide me with any information. I contacted them thru a different device i dont normally use. I also was not logged into my account. Still told everything ok. I then received email day later asking me to check account as unusual activity. I contacted them again and was told not to worry would send me link. They knew my details how?. I have not clicked on link to change password as very suspicious. Can anyone confirm if these emails from amazon real pls.

FROM 

cs-reply@amazon.co.uk

REPLY TO cs-reply+A35SQHT1QOLDFM@amazon.co.uk

Hope someone can put my mind at rest. 

Thank you 

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pmd to move to an actual board as currently not posted on one. 

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you want to change your Amazon password, can’t you just login to Amazon and do it directly. And check all the details on the account while you’re at it. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Devongardener
    Devongardener Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you been charged for the item?    Does it show in your Amazon purchase history?
    if you are suspicious of the email don’t click the link, just log in how you normally would, check everything and change your password.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback