Phrases that pay

Comping_Rich
Comping_Rich Posts: 20,201
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
Forumite
edited 2 March at 3:35PM in Compers chat corner
What competitons currently require you to answer your phone with a phrase and what time should you expect to be called? If you see any others please post the details.

Phrase: Make Me A Winner

What time will they call? Any time after 3pm and when the winning call is played - If we call you after lines close at 3pm, make sure you answer within 5 rings and say MAKE ME A WINNER!

---

Phrase: Thur 8th Feb - GIVE ME THE MONEY HONEY

What time will they call? The winner will be called between 10am - 12.30pm and they must say the passphrase on answering the phone.

———
The Cool FM Downtown Cash Call - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6508462/e-02-03-1pm-win-the-cool-fm-downtown-cash-call-ni-residents-42-free-entries-via-telephone/p1?new=1

Phrase: Sat 9th Mar - £30,000 (Thirty thousand pounds) - (You do not need to state the amount when you answer the phone, the presenter will ask you the amount)

What time will they call? 
After lines close at 1pm on Saturdays, we'll select one entry at random and make a call. If it's your number we call, you need answer within 5 rings and be ready to tell us the Cool FM Downtown Cash Call amount in full to win every penny!

Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH

Discord = DIS

Viral Sweep = VS

Sweep Widget = SW

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,865
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 January at 5:23PM
    Unless you have seen it somewhere official that they will call by 3.10, Make me a winner can call anytime between the competition closing at 3pm and the winner or loser being announced - the lines reopening doesn't need to have anything to do with when the call is made.

After the lines close at 3pm each weekday, we pool all of the entries from SMS, online and phone into our Winner Picker software. One entry is selected completely at random and then passed to our presenter in the studio to make the call.
    There is not a precise time as it can vary due to a number of reasons but it always happens after 3pm and never before the lines close at 3.

From comments on the chat thread people have been called after 3.10 and I have see comments elsewhere where people have also been called after 3.10
  • Comping_Rich
    Forumite
    mjm3346 said:
    Unless you have seen it somewhere official that they will call by 3.10, Make me a winner can call anytime between the competition closing at 3pm and the winner or loser being announced - the lines reopening doesn't need to have anything to do with when the call is made.

After the lines close at 3pm each weekday, we pool all of the entries from SMS, online and phone into our Winner Picker software. One entry is selected completely at random and then passed to our presenter in the studio to make the call.
    There is not a precise time as it can vary due to a number of reasons but it always happens after 3pm and never before the lines close at 3.

From comments on the chat thread people have been called after 3.10 and I have see comments elsewhere where people have also been called after 3.10
    I will amend the time I have stated, I have only read of those that have been called between 3 and 3:10.

Posting is a privilege, not a right. This is a privately-owned site. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Any inappropriate posts or any issues that take up a disproportionate amount of resources or make it a worse place to be will be stopped at our discretion - with or without explanation. No one pays to use this site; when there are issues, we pay to resolve them. Sometimes we need to prioritise spending money on the site, other issues or better resources.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. A Guardian article once "doffed its cap" to this forum as being the one place where consumers can collect together and fight back. Our job is to help keep it that way.

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH

Discord = DIS

Viral Sweep = VS

Sweep Widget = SW

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,865
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    mjm3346 said:

I will amend the time I have stated, I have only read of those that have been called between 3 and 3:10.
    I suspect from what I have read that most are called in or around that time frame but there is no requirement they call then and even if only 1 in 50 are called after 3.10 it's probably not worth the risk of then answering "hello".
  • Comping_Rich
    Forumite
    New phrase for ITV Spin to Win…

GIVE ME THE MONEY HONEY

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH

Discord = DIS

Viral Sweep = VS

Sweep Widget = SW

• Comping_Rich
    Forumite
    Will now be adding the amount for the Cool FM Downtown Cash Call

Facebook = FB

Twitter/X = TW/X

Instagram = IG

Threads = THS

Snapchat = SC

Rafflecopter = RC

Gleam = GL

LinkedIn = LI

TikTok = TT

YouTube = YT

Pinterest = PIN

Twitch = TWH