Up to £5,000 to invest in a side hustle

Options
Hi all

Almost 40 y/o Dad here. I'm looking to boost income this year, and have some money set aside that I would be happy to use to kick start a side hustle. I previously ran a successful Etsy shop which brought in around £2.5K profit and whilst the customer service and order processing side was nice and easy to do, the actual product creation was a little too time consuming with a full time job and young family.

I can commit anything from 8-20 hours a week but not necessarily specific hours, so needs to be something that can be done as and when I have time. Like most people I have a laptop and phone, but feel that with a little investment (anything up to £5K) there must be something out there, I'm just in need of some inspiration!

I've thought about purchasing something that could be rented out by individuals or companies... or wholesale items that could be purchased in bulk and sold online... obviously nothing is risk free.

I don't suppose anyone has any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Potbellypig
    Potbellypig Posts: 775 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What were you doing before? You may want to consider investing in ways to make that less time consuming.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback