Employment law Solicitor required

Dear Sirs,
If this post is a breach of forum rules then my apologies, it is my first post. 
I am looking for employment law Solicitor. Matter to be funded by BTE Insurer - they pay 100 pounds per h. Case reviewed by two barristers, both confirmed merits. Matter is already litigated however 2nd preliminary hearing has been vacated by consent from February 2024, so there is a time to familiarize with the case but nevertheless matter is urgent. Failure to make reasonable adjustments/automatically unfair dismissal/whistleblowing/direct discrimination and harassment. Thank you in advance.
Best Regards

Comments

• Apologies, of course you might want to send a private message and I would be grateful for all the assistance. 
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,294
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Can't the insurer give you any options? Otherwise you can use the Law Society Find A Solicitor search
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,345
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 1 January at 9:05PM
    It's against the rules for anyone to tout for business on here (even via PM) - it wouldn't be against the rules for someone to recommend a business they weren't connected with/that they had a good experience with, but it's unlikely a random recommendation would be the best fit.  

As per the above post, the 'find a solicitor' search on the law society website is an excellent resource. 

It might sound strange, but your local citizen advice might be able to help - they might have a panel or know of local solicitors who have worked on similar cases in your area (more likely in a larger city). 

I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • Thank you for the guidance. A bit of a shame as it is very hard to find Solicitor within insurance limit of 100 per h and I prefer my own Solicitor selection over insurance panel. CBA might be an idea, thank you. Any recommendations more than welcomed. 
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Wow, that’s not a lot per hour, my mechanic charges that.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,458
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I prefer my own Solicitor selection over insurance panel. 
    Why?
    The insurer may well have a pool of experienced Solicitors for the type of case involved and agreed schedules of rates that are within the accepted fees level.
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 1,298
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you for the guidance. A bit of a shame as it is very hard to find Solicitor within insurance limit of 100 per h and I prefer my own Solicitor selection over insurance panel. CBA might be an idea, thank you. Any recommendations more than welcomed. 
    Then prepared to fund the difference if you consider the insurers choice of panel solicitors to be inferior. 
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,037
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you for the guidance. A bit of a shame as it is very hard to find Solicitor within insurance limit of 100 per h and I prefer my own Solicitor selection over insurance panel. CBA might be an idea, thank you. Any recommendations more than welcomed. 
    £100 per hour is very low. Unlikely you'll find a decent employer lawyer below the £300-£400 an hour mark, so you need to decide which is more important: funding the cost yourself, or using one of your insurer's panel.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback