Cordless hoover sub £150

Options
Looking for the best cordless hoover sub £150. House is mainly carpets, seen a lot below my budget but looking for recommendations 🤞

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is probably your best bet for a cordless vacuum at that price. Not as light as you might expect but performance seems good.

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Used to have a vax which I liked but the OH took against it because it "jammed all the time".  Well it helps if you empty it occasionally.  We now have a Shark which he likes but still has problem with it jamming.  (which is not actually a problem....)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January at 7:40PM
    Options
    I got the VAX Edge pet cordless hoover when MSE did the discount code for them in December for £99. Must’ve been the end of line because they were selling them off in Lidl for a similar price shortly afterwards.
    The only point of comparison I have is my faithful old Henry Hoover, which weighs a ton. 
    It is pretty good, especially for that price if you can find anything similar. But you do have to be careful about it blocking. The first time I used it there was clearly more pet hair on the floor then I realised and it got jammed solid. The battery also doesn’t last a huge amount of time, but as it came with two batteries it doesn’t really matter.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cordless Henry. 
    Buyan extra battery at the same time. 
    Noy sure about price but worth every penny
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We have had a VAX for years, got it from the range for £99. It’s on its last legs so will be getting replaced soon (battery is held in with gaffer tape and it’s been glued back together god knows how many times). I will be replacing it with another VAX.

One thing I think people always forget about, remember to clean the filters, it makes a huge difference.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback