Metro to NatWest mortgage credit file muck up please help

Metro sold us in November 2021 to NatWest now they have updated our credit file as if it is a new mortgage but they also have remove records metro completely, we have complained to Natwest  all they have done is issued us a letter to hand to any prospective lenders, but we are on our less year of our fixed rate we are nervous that this will look like a new mortgage not a continuation and we now can can not use online mortgage comparison sites can anyone help.

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 1,220
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    NatWest can report data they don't have. Sounds as if you overthinking this. Particularly if a letter has been provided. 
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,849
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    as long as you pay on time, have zero effect
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,621
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Some providers only report to certain agencies. It happens.

Lenders wont think anything, but obviously a longer payment history would look better when scoring an application. 
    On its own though, it is unlikely to make any real difference, look at first time buyers they do not have a mortgage payment history. 

I think you need to contact Metro if you want it resolved but I would not worry too much unless you have other issues in which case the longer payment history might help you. 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback