Critique my solar quote!

Options
13»

Comments

• richc1981
    Options
    ecraig said:
    If you’re going to save money now by removing battery, have you maximised the roof?
    could you use the cash and have more panels instead?
    I love having a battery, but I sort of wish I had more panels on my roof now - I could fit 24 on my roof and wish I opted for more. 

BTW, solar assistant looks great, but the growatt app isn’t that bad.
    its a bit weird and takes some getting used to - ie, you change your times to import from the grid, press enable and it’s done. When you view that part of the app it says disable instead of enable next to the time you’ve previously enabled.
    youll learn to quickly accept the nuances. 
    Yes I’m maxing out the sw facing elevation of main roof.  I could possibly fit on north east elevation but not sure it’s worth it.  Plus I’d need another set of scaffolding.  

I don’t mind seeing how it goes with growatt.  Absolute worst case - it fails inside the 10 yr warranty and I can’t get installer / growatt / insurance backed guarantee / credit card company to pay out, I’ll suck it up and buy another.  
  • Officer_Dibble
    Options
    I've had almost 2 years of hassle free Growatt inverter/battery operation. Well, I say hassle free, it was a big hassle before getting Solar Assist. It's hassle free now. Like you I'll expect the worst when it stops working and just hope it's a long time.
    4.7kWp (12 * Hyundai S395VG) facing more or less S + 3.6kW Growatt inverter + 6.5kWh Growatt battery. SE London/Kent. Fitted 03/22 £1,025/kW + battery £2495

• charles_b_2
    charles_b_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @richc1981
    That's an amazing quote.  Is that a local installer or national.  Can you share who it is?  I've had a quote from Octopus which was poor in comparison and looking for almost precisely what you have the quote for.
  • Waywardmike
    Waywardmike Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    richc1981 said:
    I don’t mind seeing how it goes with growatt.  Absolute worst case - it fails inside the 10 yr warranty and I can’t get installer / growatt / insurance backed guarantee / credit card company to pay out, I’ll suck it up and buy another.  
    This was always my thoughts.  If my inverter fails it will likely be many weeks, possibly months before it was changed via warranty.  If this were to happen over the summer I'd lose out on hundreds of pounds of FIT or electricity savings.  Growatt inverters are cheap so I could buy a new one and have it swapped out probably within the week, costing less than the lost revenue.
    4 Kwp System, South Facing, 35 Degree Pitch, 16 x 250W Solarworld Panels, SMA Sunnyboy 3600 Inverter, Installed 02/09/14 in Sunny South Bedford - £5600
    Growatt AC Coupled SPA3000tl and 6.5kWh battery Installed Apr 2022
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure