Getting Ready

britcan
britcan Posts: 19
First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 20 December 2023 at 8:30AM in Debt-free wannabe
I have done the required outgoings and incommings on SC site. Before I make the call may I ask what paper work should I have to had for starting a DMP? Thank
 you.

Comments

• stu12345_2
    stu12345_2 Posts: 800
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 20 December 2023 at 9:25AM
    list of all creditors and their account numbers, and their contact details,( and estimated balances, if you can)

your bank account and sort code for  step change to collect monthly direct debit., note you can pay SC manually if you choose.every month

contrary to popular belief, you do not have to post or email your wage slips , pension , benefits or bank statements to step change. 
    you simply put down what you earn and what you pay out on their form.

I used step change for 2 years on a dmp and if they think your dmp will clear your debts in under 10 years they usually suggest going ahead with the plan.

but based on your prior posts it seems you may be in a position to ask for your debts to be written off, is this correct 
    pay your debt at your rate.not what the creditor demands.cos they have no power.they aren't the police.
  • britcan
    britcan Posts: 19
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for the info, blimey it would be a blessing if that was possible. I have no idea where the year has gone, but i know I have wasted it. Just at the end of 18 months of chemo with a good result, sadly though it will always be with me. A bit of a game really as to see if I out live it or it wins. With the stresses of this job and this on my mind I have noticed the odd twinge where i don;t want it but really do not want to go back to the heart doctor.
    More importantly, I really do not want to end my days whilst working. yep the weird military humour.

Think it is time to make the call.

Appreciate the feedback.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,243
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    britcan said:
    I have done the required outgoings and incommings on SC site. Before I make the call may I ask what paper work should I have to had for starting a DMP? Thank
     you.
    There's a stepchange thread in the stickies. Their rep has recently confirmed

We require proof of income when the DMP is first set up, but it’s not needed for the annual review.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback