How did you fare financially in 2023?

Options
Poll started 19 December 2023

Once again, it's been a tough year financially, with almost all bills rising. But, not everyone's feeling the pinch in the same way. So in this week's poll we want to ask how you've fared financially in 2023, and whether you feel better or worse off than last year? 

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Financially, 2023 was about the same for me as 2022.  One thing I had to do, however, was to liquidate most of my share ISA and some savings, in order to pay off the mortgage on my flat.  With rising interest rates, it was getting too expensive.  It only had a couple of years left to run, so I bit the bullet.

It was an interest-only tracker mortgage set at 0.75% above base rate, originally with an endowment policy attached.  I ditched the endowment in 2012 - getting back £15k after 12 years - and swapped to buying FTSE tracker shares each month, investing the same amount as I'd done in the endowment.  It was £10k short of the full mortgage, when I sold up.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • subjecttocontract
    Options
    2023 was a fantastic year for me. I'm going to end the year significantly wealthier than any previous year. No mortgage(s), no debts, higher returns from investment and savings, everything looks rosy. Have to prepare mitigation process early next year to plan my next move in case (God forbid) Labour win the election !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback