Noises and sounds through the party walls

Options

For 7 years, I've been in a noise issue situation coming from HMO house fire doors and laminate flooring.  It’s an ex-council property like mine.  The local council did nothing to fix the noise, although I believe it’s their responsibility as they permitted fire doors to be fitted in the HMO property.   However, the council did a biased-bogus, covered-up, flawed noise investigation.  They also tried to blame the noise on the unsociable behaviour of the tenants; but in fact, it’s the fault of the prefabricated – very thin party walls, no insulation ex-council's properties/buildings, built in 1960.

I've already ended up in the hospital with a mild stroke due to the trauma - stress, anxiety, depression, and suicidal because of the noise and what the council have put me through.

Recently, I’ve been experiencing the same sort of fire doors (also permitted by the council) and laminate flooring noises coming from two flats (upper and lower) on the other side of me; also ex-council.  But, the council is not doing anything about the noises from the flats, either.

Comments

• Devongardener
    Options
    Do the council own the properties, or have they been sold to private owners?
  • NorbieG
    Options
    Do the council own the properties, or have they been sold to private owners?
    My, and the HMO properties are private, and the flats are both leasehold properties but the council is the freeholder of the building.  
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why is this in the Campaigns Corner - is there a point to it being in this subforum ?
  • NorbieG
    NorbieG Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 January at 9:20PM
    Options
    Catsacor said:
    Why is this in the Campaigns Corner - is there a point to it being in this subforum ?
    I'm new to the forum.  So what corner should it be in?  It could also be a campaign against HMOs and councils' mismanagement and covering-up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback